Oh yes. It really is as good as it sounds. If you love nut butter this is one you have to try.
The mix of pecan and almond is super yummy and adding in maple syrup makes this addictively sweet (side note… I do not encourage eating a whole jar of this as a time but you will be tempted to!)
It does take a little longer to process than normal nut butter I assume because the nuts are harder with the maple syrup?! Not really entirely sure why, but it does, so patience is key. If you’ve not made your own nut butter before it does take time for a food processor to blend nuts into butter (it all goes crumbly then forms one big ball of smoosh and then becomes liquid).
If you try it let me know what you think and if you have any other combination recommendations I’d love to hear them.
1 cup Almonds
1 cup Pecans
¼ cup (5-6 tbsp) Maple Syrup
½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
½ tsp Vanilla Extract
Makes 1 Jar of Nut Butter
- Pre-heat the oven to 190 degrees (180 fan).
- Spread the nuts onto a baking tray and drizzle over the maple syrup. Mix the nuts around to make sure they are all coated.
- Put the tray in the oven and bake for 15 minutes stirring halfway through.
- Let the nuts cool a little and then pour into a food processor.
- Mix the nuts until they get to the desired consistency. This will take 15-20 minutes and the sides may need to be scraped down occasionally to help the processor along.
- Add the cinnamon and vanilla and mix to combine then spoon out into a jar.
- Enjoy and try not to eat it all in one go!
- If you do have some left: Keep refrigerated and eat within a couple of months.